The music times are a changin'... not always for the better either!
- Creators must be paid for their art what needs to happen - XLR8R explores the grave problems facing today's musicians, with words from Sam Barker and Mat Dryhurst. And a few interesting links from that article:
- The Importance of Independent Music - independent music must be protected
- Buy Music Club - "a website for curating and sharing lists of independent music downloads available on Bandcamp", backed by Avalon Emerson
- Resonate - an alternative streaming service
- Choon - "a music streaming service and digital payments ecosystem—designed to solve the music industry’s most fundamental problems"
- King Midas Sound mix for The FADER
- Dag Rosenqvist mix for Headphone Commute Mix
- 30 year old album celebration - Magic Number: The Story Of 3 Feet High And Rising
- Bjarki Gives In-Depth Insight Into His Field Recording Techniques - interesting video
- A Celebration of BBC Radio’s very own Liverpool music legend John Peel
- Efdemin's playlist from ten years ago - highlights how bereft of ideas many artists are today
- Hypnotic Groove Mix #240 - Ozel AB
- Powder In Space - first in a new series exploring dance music’s form and informality from Tim Sweeney’s Beats In Space Records, includes tracks Acid Pauli, Kettenkarussell and Daphne