Laurel Halo - XLR8R Podcast 321
Enjoyable, lo-fi mix that expertly connects a range of musical styles. Recommended
Superb mix from Laurel Halo this. Only recognising a few of the artists, and based on her Behind the Green Door EP, I was slightly nervous that it would be another impenetrable onslaught of hard, tuneless techno... but thankfully it's not. It ebbs and flows with a charming, lo-fi aesthetic and covers a good range of musical styles. Top moments include the opener by Rahsaan Roland Kirk and the Ken Nordine cut Flesh.
- Rahsaan Roland Kirk "Something for Trane That Trane Could Have Said (Edit)" (Atlantic)
- Escola de Samba da Cicade "Improvisos na Batucada" (Philips)
- Madteo "Pram Reset" (Morphine)
- TCB "Unchained (KM/MM Mix)" (Die Orakel)
- Subsaharan Spaceways "Shout (Two For Marion)"
- Population One "B2 (from A Simpler Form)" (Reduction)
- Matrix "Isthmus #Fast" (Chain Reaction)
- Jam City "Water Edit"
- Boo Williams "Mistical Journey" (Chiwax)
- Ken Nordine "Flesh" (Philips)
- Blk_out "Sergecutty"
- Mass Prod & Herva "Mike vs Speak & Overdub As a Weapon Against Modern Laptop Wanking" (Kontra Musik)
- Smith N Hack "No Gimmicks, No Flash" (Smith N Hack)
- Sleeparchive "7" (Tresor)
- Laurel Halo "NOYFB (Acapella)" (Hyperdub)
- Charles Manier "Octopus" (Nation)
- Vester Koza "Maslo 03B" (Maslo)
- Dalglish "Donsfe" (PAN)
- NSNT PRJCT "We Invented Dis" (Wild Oats)
- Ken Ishii "Stretch (Regenerated)" (R&S)
- Ter(r)a "Underwater Vessel (OH/FFU Edit)"
- Dresvn "A2 (from Acido 014)" (Acido)
- Claude Young presents Golem Craft "B2 (from the Of Ages EP)" (Fracture)
- Factory Floor "Turn It Up (Laurel Halo Remix)" (DFA)