A few good tunes Vol 41
Nine poptastic tracks to wrap your ears round
- Genius Victims – Calypso - Depeche Mode fixations aside, this is a pretty catchy little number from Moscow-based Russian darkwave duo Alexander Prosvetov and Ivan Khotimchuk. Out now on Summer Night.
- Borusiade – Hands Watch - if you remember the immense quality of Five Years of Tears Vol. 1 then you'll be queuing up for the second installment, especially after hearing this contribution from Borusiade - it's a beauty!
- N1L – crawlspace (DJH Rmx) - the first of two tracks from the new N1L remix collection (pay what you like too!). This DJH mix is pure punchy Pop with shades of really accessible Autechre
- Villette – Fall (Christian Löffler Remix) - tasteful Pop inflections with Christian Löffler's reworking of Villete's track Fall - out now on my favourite label this year Injazero Records
- Plattenbau – Security - more off-beat Pop with a hint of the 80s, taken from the recent Endless EP
- Cyborg 95 – Cyborg's Theme - I try to avoid terms like "devastating" when talking about music but that description is rather fitting for this Detroit Techno monster. Who is this Cyborg 95?
- The Field – Who Goes There - Axel Wilner is back with a new LP called Infinite Moment, and this is the mesmerising lead track
- N1L – ijsv_0gel (Logos Rmx) - another belter of a track from the N1L remix album, this time an exercise in Dub from James Parker, aka Logos
- Geotic – Gondolier - ending things on a high with more bright Pop, this time from the Ghostly International artist Will Wiesenfeld aka Baths aka Geotic. Taken from forthcoming album Traversa