A few good tunes Vol 39
New music from Arad, Aleksi Perala, Lake Haze, Ben Bohmer, Altin Gun and more
Eleven tracks with a welcome, albeit unintentional, summery vibe, from Arad, Aleksi Perälä, Lake Haze, Alek Lee, Will DiMaggio, Supreems, Modeselektor, Session Restore, Ben Böhmer, Altin Gün and James Alexander Bright.
- Altin Gün - Tatli Dile Guler Yuze - Turkish folk, psychedelia, funk and rock from a Dutch band. Totally addictive!
- Supreems - Close Your Eyes (And Feel) - Lobster Theremin on the money again with this new Belgian band. Classy, feel-good vibes taken from forthcoming EP of the same name
- Will DiMaggio - Steppin W Friends - the summery vibe continues with the best track from the NY producer's debut LP At Ease, out now on Future Times
- Alek Lee - Colors - colossal track where Dub meets funky Electronic (and the superb vocal snippet that appears in the second half is great). Highlight from new EP on Antinote
- Arad - The Glimpse - Dara Smith (Lakker dude innit) continues to develop his musical oeuvre with another left turn, this time a superb Electronic Pop track, taken from an EP of the same name
- Modeselektor - Kalif Storch - first new material from the German duo in a while. Taken from their new Modeselektion Vol. 04 compilation
- Session Restore - Regain - reminds me of Over And Over by T.S.O.S. (standout track from Prosumer's Panorama Bar 03 mix from 2011) but that's why I like it
- Aleksi Perälä - 124_C70_AAA - it may begin with an idea borrowed from Michael Mayer's Speaker but the Finnish producer seasons things with a sprinkle of Acid, tuned to his own Colundi scale
- Ben Böhmer - Mondfinsternis - since The Black Dog included a Böhmer track on their #12 Radio Dogma podcast I've half hoped for an album or something more substantial from the German producer. With it's energetic beat and Trance vibe, this track is all driving and emotion. From an EP of the same name, includes remixes from Kalipo, Seth Schwarz and Acud
- Lake Haze - The Unknown - a downtempo, melancholy Electro cut from the Portuguese producer's latest EP The Observer (Creme 12â€‹-â€‹98) on Unknown To The Unknown
- James Alexander Bright - Mallorca - as we started, an element of summery, psychedelic Pop from the man once called "Hairy Hands". Taken from new EP on !K7