If it was a wedding anniversary, we'd be proffering gifts of China to the German label Raster-Noton, who mark this milestone with a special book and compilation.
Source Book 1 is the first in a proposed series of documents that aim to comprehensively review the last 20 years of the label, with this initial volume focusing on the extensive back catalogue (between 1996 and 2016). Limited to just 1000 copies, the book has been designed with a modular concept, allowing the owner to remove, exchange or add pages, making it possible to update the content in the future.
Accompanying the print publication is a CD (only available with the book) with a range of artists associated with the label, including Byetone, Alva Noto, Senking, Kyoka, Atom™ and Kangding Ray.
- Kangding Ray - Silver (Pruitt Igoe prototype)
- Emptyset - Augur
- Grischa Lichtenberger - 0514_01 re 0809_20 1 barrg b
- Alva Noto - Milan (for Kostas Murkudis)
- Anne-James Chaton - Nisansala
- Frank Bretschneider - Thermik
- Senking - Lug
- Byetone - Postpostrefabricated
- AtomTM - Flimmern
- Robert Lippok - Textured
- Kyoka - Side to Side (live rec version)
- Ueno Masaaki - Building Rain (prototype)
Book and CD costs 84.50 € and is available for pre-order right now. Release date is 17th March 2017.